August 9, 2017
Notice regarding compatibility issue of Tamron lenses with Canon EOS 6D Mark II
Dear users and potential purchasers of Tamron interchangeable lenses for Canon,
Thank you for using Tamron products and for your continuous support.
Please kindly note the following when using a Tamron lens on a recently announced Canon EOS 6D Mark II. (Introduced to the market on August 4th, 2017 in Japan)
- Please make sure the “Lens aberration correction” function is turned off prior to use of the camera (This can be done from camera menu). However, you may turn off the function only on Program modes. i.e. Program AE, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual exposure mode.
- Under the “Live View” Mode, an error will occur without the above settings. Turning the “Lens aberration correction” function “OFF”, there will be no error message. *Please try to remove and insert battery when the error occurs.
- SP 35mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F012) for Canon
- SP 45mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F013) for Canon
- SP 85mm F/1.8 Di VC USD (Model F016) for Canon
We are currently under investigation and will provide further information at a later date.
We sincerely apologize to all users and potential purchasers for any inconvenience this issue may cause.
Please contact your local Tamron distributor for more details.