The HD PENTAX-DA Limited interchangeable lenses are designed for use with K-mount lens-interchangeable digital cameras. These lenses inherit the distinctive visual description and a premium appearance of the acclaimed PENTAX Limited Lens series, while adding the state-of-the-art HD coating and a round-shaped diaphragm, to deliver even higher digital imaging performance in combination with a K-mount camera body.
The silver HD Pentax DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited Lens from Pentax is a pancake-style prime normal-length lens providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 60mm. The standard 39° angle of view is well-suited to everyday situations and the slim profile is ideal for an inconspicuous shooting style. A high-grade multi-layer HD coating has been applied to lens elements to help minimize flare and ghosting for enhanced contrast, clarity, and color fidelity and a seven-blade diaphragm contributes to an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit shallow depth of field imagery. Additionally, an SP Protect coating has also been applied to the front lens element to effectively protect it from dirt, oil, and finger prints.
The compact form-factor of this lens integrates Pentax’s Quick-Shift Focus System, which allows manual focus control over the lens at any time, even in AF mode, for precise handling over the focal plane.
- Prime normal-length lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 60mm, covering a natural perspective that is well-suited to everyday applications.
- Slim, pancake-style lens measures just 0.6″-thick.
- High-grade multi-layer HD coating minimizes lens flare and ghosting to enhance contrast and color neutrality.
- Quick-Shift Focus System enables manual focus control at all times for precise handling that is well-suited to selective focus imagery.
- Super Protect coating helps to protect the front lens element from dirt and finger marks.
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 60 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Pentax K|
|Format Compatibility||Pentax Digital (APS-C)|
|Angle of View||39°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.31′ (40 cm)|