Versatile zoom lens covers standard to medium-telephoto ranges. It provides a maximum aperture of F3.5 – 5.6 over the zoom range. Constructed to reduce various aberrations including color aberrations while providing high contrast and high resolution throughout the entire image field at maximum aperture.
The HD PENTAX-D FA 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC WR Lens from Pentax will be a perfect pairing for many shooters thanks to its wide-angle to medium telephoto range. The lens also features an f/3.5-5.6 variable aperture to help keep size down while also utilizing ED glass elements to reduce aberrations. The lens sports both Super Protect and HD multi-layer coatings in order to protect against accidental damage and reduce flaring and ghosting.
Focusing is fast and quiet thanks to the integration of a Supersonic Direct-Drive Motor and the lens has a Quick-Shift feature for fast switching between auto and manual focusing. The lens also focuses as close as 1.64′ and it has a 9-blade rounded aperture diaphragm for smooth out-of-focus elements. Additionally, it is dust- and water-resistant with eight seals to protect from intrusion.
- Covering wide-angle to medium telephoto perspectives, this versatile 28-105mm zoom offers a convenient option for full-frame K-mount Pentax DSLRs and is also compatible with APS-C models, where it will provide a 43-161mm equivalent focal length range.
- Variable f/3.5-5.6 maximum aperture ensures a compact size while offering a wide range of versatile focal lengths.
- ED glass elements are featured in the lens design and help to control chromatic aberrations and reduce color fringing for increased clarity and color fidelity.
- The High Definition (HD) multi-layer coating is utilized to reduce reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color in more trying lighting conditions.
- Super Protect coating will help keep the optics safe in the event of accidental impact or if it comes in contact with water or dust.
- Supersonic Direct-Drive Motor (SDM) ensures fast, quiet, and smoother autofocus operation.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing shallow depth of field techniques. It is completely rounded between f/3.5-6.3 when at 28mm and between f/5.6-10 when at 105mm.
- A weather-resistant design features eight seals which better permit working in inclement conditions.
- Includes PH-RBS62 lens hood to limit flare from light sources.
- Optional S-80-120 Soft Lens Case is available to protect lens during transport or storage.
|Focal Length||28 – 105mm
Comparable 35mm Equivalent on APS-C Format Focal Length: 43 – 161 mm
|Aperture||Maximum: f/3.5 – 5.6
Minimum: f/22 – 32
|Camera Mount Type||Pentax K|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||15.5° – 53°
APS-C Picture Angle: 23.5° – 75°
|Minimum Focus Distance||1.64′ (50 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.5|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|