Samyang 12mm T3.1 is a bright, super wide-angle fish-eye lens offering 180 degrees on a full frame (24 x 36mm format) sensor. Particularly designed for full-frame cameras such as the Canon 5D, Nikon D800, D810, or the Sony A7, A7R, A7s etc. this 12 mm compatible with smaller sensor cameras, so is available on special order for other mount cameras, such as Fujifilm X, Pentax K, Sony A, Canon M, Samsung NX, Olympus Four-Thirds, and Micro Four Thirds (MFT) for Panasonic and Olympus mirrorless compact system cameras.
Samyang 12mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS NCS FISH-EYE
Exceptional performance for cinematography with full frame Samyang 12mm fisheye lens
– Extra low dispersion lens (ED)
– Glass aspherical lens (ASP)
– Nano Coating System (NCS) of Samyang Optics
– Circular aperture with 7 blades
– Samyang Optics VDSLR II Cine Lens Line Up
Manual Focus Fisheye Cine Lens
Samyang Optics 12mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS NCS Fish-eye is a manual focus fisheye VDSLR cine lens designed for full frame sensor sizes.
VDSLR Cine Lens Features
Samyang 12mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS NCS Fish-eye allows more delicate video work with T number marks. The focus gear ring is installed for follow focus system. You may change the aperture quietly and smoothly with the uncoupled aperture gear rings. Also, distance scale and T numbers are marked on both sides of the lens for convenience.
Samyang 12mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS NCS Fish-eye is a manual focus lens with a low T number. You may control the lens precisely when shooting under various exposure environment including relatively dark or too bright situations. This lens features 12 lenses in 8 groups including 2 glass aspherical lens (ASP), and 3 extra low dispersion lens (ED) to offer high resolution. Also Nano Coating System (NCS) of Samyang Optics is used to optimize the light penetration and minimizes flare and ghost. With such optical construction, it has 0.2m of minimum focal length to film subjects in near distance. Stereoscopic projection optical design delivers soft and stabilized fish-eye distortion effect.
There are 7 aperture blades designed to be almost as a full circle when aperture is closed which expresses starlike ray clearly and beautifully. The frame of the lens is compact and solid since it is made of high-strength aluminum alloy so you can create trustworthy images. Also, detachable petal-shaped lens hood minimizes flare and ghost by sheltering lens from unnecessary lights. Available for 10 camera mounts: Canon, Canon M, Nikon, Pentax, Sony ∝, Sony E, Fujifilm X, Samsung NX, Four-Thirds, MFT.
Samyang Optics VDSLR II Cine Lens Line Up
Samyang 12mm T3.1 is one of 9 Samyang Optics VDSLR II Cine Lens Line Up for full frame image sensor sizes. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
- Extra low dispersion lens (ED)
- The extra low dispersion lens reduces chromatic aberration effectively to produce excellent image quality.
- Glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- It minimizes color aberration to realize exceptional image quality and high contrast for center and corner of image even when aperture is fully opened.
- Nano Coating System (NCS) of Samyang Optics
- Nano Coating System (NCS) is used to lower reflection rate more effectively to provide higher contrast.
- Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- Soft and quite serrated aperture ring and focus ring are optimized for video shooting to provide precise and comfortable shooting environment.
- Circular aperture with 7 blades
- 7 aperture blades create almost a full circle when closed and express ray beautifully as starlight.
- Samyang Optics VDSLR II Cine Lens Line Up
- This lens is one of 9 Samyang Optics VDSLR II Cine Lens Line Up for full frame image sensor sizes. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
Canon, Nikon AE, Fuji X, Samsung NX, MFT