The Samyang 14mm VDSLR (Video Digital SLR) version has been developed primarily for cine / filming and video purposes with Canon, Nikon, Sony E-Mount,and Micro Four Thirds (MFT) mount cameras or professional camcorders with corresponding mounts.
Samyang 14mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II
A small difference in optical performance makes photography ever more pleasant!
- – Hybrid glass aspherical lens (H-ASP)
- – Glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- – High-refractive, extra low dispersion lens (HR ED)
- – Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- – VDSLR II CINE LENS
- – Circular with 6 blades
Wide Angle Manual Focus Cine Lens
Samyang Optics 14mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II is a wide angle manual focus cine lens designed for full frame sensor sizes.
Cine Lens Features
Samyang 14mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II is carefully designed for professional film and video works so the focus gear ring is installed for follow focus system. You may change the aperture quietly and smoothly with the uncoupled aperture gear ring. The T number guiding the actual amount of light transmission and distance scales are marked on both sides of the lens to film much precisely. The lens operates in manual aperture system with low T number which enables natural shooting under various light exposure circumstances.
This lens features 14 lenses in 10 groups including 3 high-refractive and extra low dispersion lenses (HR ED), 1 hybrid aspherical lens (H-ASP) and 1 glass aspherical lens (ASP). H-ASP and ASP lenses minimize color aberration to realize exceptional image quality and high contrast for center and corner of image even when aperture is fully opened. HR ED lens of 14mm T3.1 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II effectively controls the light dispersion to prevent flare and ghost. Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) technology of Samyang Optics optimizes the light penetration to also minimize flare and ghost.
The frame of Samyang 14mm T3.1 II is compact and solid since it is made of high-strength aluminum alloy so trustworthy images can be captured even under inferior environment. Also, the attached petal-shaped lens hood shelter the lens from unnecessary lights.
Available for 10 camera mounts: Canon, Canon-M, Nikon, Pentax, Sony ∝, Sony-E, Four-Thirds, MFT, Samsung NX, and Fujifilm-X.
Samyang Optics VDSLR lens line
Samyang 14mm T3.1 II is one of Samyang Optics VDSLR lens line for full frame image sensor size. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
- Hybrid glass aspherical lens (H-ASP)
- It minimizes color aberration to realize exceptional image quality and high contrast for center and corner of image even when aperture is fully opened.
- Glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- It optimizes the aberration effectively to bring the outstanding resolution, sharpness and contrast throughout the image.
- High-refractive, extra low dispersion lens (HR ED)
- High refractive and low dispersion lens reduces chromatic aberration effectively to produce excellent image quality.
- Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- Ultra Multi Coating of Samyang Optics is used to minimize flare and ghost and realize crisp color image.
- Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- Soft and quiet uncoupled aperture ring and focus ring are optimized for video shooting to provide precise and comfortable shooting environment.
- VDSLR II CINE LENS
- This lens is one of 8 VDSLR lenses consisting Samyang VDSLR Lens Kit. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
Nikon AE, Fuji X