Samyang 24mm T1.5 ED AS UMC VDSLR (Video DSLR) versions have been developed primarily for professional cine / movie making purposes where high quality fast prime lenses are the primary requirement. The VDSLR version feature follow focus gearing and decoupled aperture, which allow the user to smoothly and quietly change focus and aperture / depth of field whist filming, and link to professional follow focus cam systems.
Elaborate optical construction brings images into life
- – Glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- – Extra low dispersion lens (ED)
- – Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- – Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- – VDSLR II CINE LENS
Wide Angle Manual Focus Cine Lens
Samyang Optics 24mm T1.5 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II is a wide angle manual focus cine lens designed for full frame sensor sizes.
Cine Lens Features
Samyang 24mm T1.5 VDSLR ED AS IF UMC II is carefully designed for professional film and video works so the focus gear ring is installed for follow focus system. You may change the aperture quietly and smoothly with the uncoupled aperture gear ring. The T number guiding the actual amount of light transmission and distance scales are marked on both sides of the lens to film much precisely. The lens operates in manual aperture system with low T number which enables natural shooting under various light exposure circumstances.
This lens features 13 lenses in 12 groups including 4 extra low dispersion lenses (ED) and 2 glass aspherical lenses (ASP). ED lenses of 24mm T1.5 II effectively control the light dispersion to prevent flare and ghost. ASP lenses minimize color aberration to realize exceptional image quality and high contrast for center and corner of image even when aperture is fully opened. Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) technology of Samyang Optics optimizes the light penetration to also minimize flare and ghost. Samyang 24mm T1.5 II is known for its beautiful and soft bokeh.
The frame of Samyang 24mm T1.5 II is compact and solid since it is made of high-strength aluminum alloy so trustworthy images can be captured even under inferior environment. Also, detachable petal-shaped lens hood shelter the lens from unnecessary lights.
Available for 10 camera mounts: Canon, Canon-M, Nikon, Pentax, Sony ∝, Sony-E, Four-Thirds, MFT, Samsung NX, and Fujifilm-X.
Samyang Optics VDSLR lens line
Samyang 24mm T1.5 II is one of Samyang Optics VDSLR lens line for full frame image sensor size. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
- Glass aspherical lens (ASP)
- It optimizes the aberration effectively to bring the outstanding resolution, sharpness and contrast throughout the image.
- Extra low dispersion lens (ED)
- The low dispersion lens reduces chromatic aberration effectively to produce excellent image quality.
- Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- Ultra Multi Coating of Samyang Optics is used to minimize flare and ghost and realize crisp color image.
- Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- Soft and quiet uncoupled aperture ring and focus ring are optimized for video shooting to provide precise and comfortable shooting environment.
- VDSLR II CINE LENS
- This lens is one of 8 VDSLR lenses consisting Samyang VDSLR Lens Kit. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
Canon, Nikon AE, MFT