The Samyang 85mm T1.5 AS IF UMC VDSLR Lens is a manual focus prime lens developed for videographers and filmmakers. This VDSLR rendition features follow focus gearing and decoupled aperture to allow the user to silently adjust focus and aperture while filming as well as link to professional grade follow focus cam systems.
Its maximum aperture of T1.5 delivers unparalleled results in challenging low-light situations and is also ideal for obtaining a highly desirable blurred ‘bokeh’ background in portraits. It is worth noting that Samyang VDSLR Cine Lenses are rated in T-stops rather than F-stops as the F-stop number expresses the speed of the lens on the assumption that it transmits 100% of the incident light, and therefore it is theoretical rather than a real world measurement. A T-stop number represents the actual light transmission and is therefore an accurate gauge for exposure purposes.
Enjoy precise filming with beautiful bokeh
- – Hybrid aspherical lens (H-ASP)
- – Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- – Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- – VDSLR II CINE LENS
Semi-telephoto Manual Focus Cine Lens
Samyang Optics 85mm T1.5 VDSLR AS IF UMC II is a semi-telephoto manual focus cine lens designed for full frame sensor sizes.
Cine Lens Features
Samyang 85mm T1.5 VDSLR AS IF UMC II is carefully designed for professional film and video works so the focus gear ring is installed for follow focus system. You may change the aperture quietly and smoothly with the uncoupled aperture gear ring. Also, distance scale and T numbers are marked on both sides of the lens for convenience.
As Samyang 85mm photo lens does, this VDSLR lens also has an outstanding optical function. Optical lenses feature 9 lenses in 7 groups. Hybrid aspherical lens (H-ASP) has a specially designed curved surface to minimize color aberration and realize exceptional image quality and high contrast throughout center to corner of image even when aperture is fully opened. Samyang 85mm T1.5 II is an inner focus lens. The length of lens does not change when focusing so it is dustproof. Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) technology of Samyang Optics optimizes the light penetration and minimizes flare and ghost. There are 8 aperture blades designed to be almost as a full circle when aperture is closed which expresses starlike ray clearly and beautifully.
Samyang VDSLR lens can be used both in photography and cinematography, perfect for amateurs and professionals. The frame of the lens is compact and solid since it is made of high-strength aluminum alloy so trustworthy images can be captured even under inferior environment. Also, detachable petal-shaped lens hood shelter the lens from unnecessary lights. Filter size is 72mm.
Available for 10 camera mounts: Canon, Canon-M, Nikon, Pentax, Sony ∝, Sony-E, Four-Thirds, MFT, Samsung NX, and Fujifilm-X.
Samyang Optics VDSLR lens line
Samyang 85mm T1.5 II is one of Samyang Optics VDSLR lens line for full frame image sensor size. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
- Hybrid aspherical lens (H-ASP)
- Hybride asperical lenses provide excellent image and contrast even through maximum aperture in center and edge of frame.
- Ultra Multi Coating (UMC) of Samyang Optics
- Ultra Multi Coating of Samyang Optics is used to minimize flare and ghost and realize crisp color image.
- Uncoupled aperture and focus gear ring
- Soft and quiet uncoupled aperture ring and focus ring are optimized for video shooting to provide precise and comfortable shooting environment.
- VDSLR II CINE LENS
- This lens is one of 8 VDSLR lenses consisting Samyang VDSLR Lens Kit. The lenses produce the same image color and have a united location of aperture and focus gear ring to maximize the convenience when filming.
Canon, Sony E, Nikon AE, Sony Alpha, Fuji X, MFT